Saturday, June 9, 2012

When life hands you lemons...

It's been a bad week. My dear elderly Mom had to be admitted to the hospital, and I am a frazzled ball of worry. On the up side, test results show no serious ailment, so it appears that an infection and resultant wearing down is what we're dealing with. Hopefully, antibiotics, fluids and rest will turn the trick and she'll be back to her old self in no time. I am ever the optimist.
At times like this I'm glad for my extended family. We are a clan who rally around to support whoever is going through some trial or other. My brother and I feel that support now, and it really helps.
And in a strange way, the stress seems to fuel my drive to write. I think that writing is an escape for me. If I can keep my mind occupied on the trials and tribulations of my characters, I spend less time getting angsty about my problems. So I've made great strides with my current WIP and have even started mapping out another story I'm dying to write. I guess this is some of that lemonade you make from all those life lemons...lol.
If you have a moment, please send some good energy my way. I could use it. And I promise to return the favour the next time you're in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment