Monday, November 19, 2012

Another contract...whoo hoo

I just signed a contract with Cambridge Press US for my short story, Aural Sex. Yes, I spelled it correctly. It's my attempt at a clever little play on words. The story revolves around a couple on opposite work shifts, who spice up their intimate life with some imaginative phone sex.

This story is the first of three that will comprise my next Hottest Heat volume. I already have a cover for it, and I haven't even finished writing the last story yet! (Truth be told, I haven't started writing the third story. Shhh, don't tell my boss.)
I did finish story number two today...the first draft, at least. Entitled, What Are Friends For?, it is a sequel to the story Perfect Stranger that appeared in Volume One. Each story stands alone, but it's more fun to read Perfect Stranger first and understand the relationships between characters. WAFF? contains the first ever threesome scene I've written. It was great fun to write, although technically challenging...all those extra limbs and orifices to deal with, and still keep in the correct POV. Quite the challenge. I hope I did a creditable job.

In other writing news, I have made some headway on my non-NaNo project (see previous posts on the subject) I've managed to add about 8000 words to the manuscript, but still have a long way to go to be finished...at least another 30-40,000 words. It's exhausting just thinking about it. And I got sidetracked back to my Hottest Heat stories, especially when my publisher sent my cover proof. Nothing like a little pressure to fire up the writer. I'll get back to the novel again, and I will finish it before year's end. I have too many planned projects for next year, I don't need any of this year's carrying over.

Oh, and a little reminder, my paranormal interracial story, Obsession, comes out Nov. 27th. If you happen to read it, I'd love for you to stop back here at my blog and post a comment.

Well, back to the salt mines, kids! LOL 
Till next time...Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment